Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Tomato Factory

The Tomato Factory in Beautiful Historic Hopewell is a delight....




As the name gives away it used to be a tomato canning factory, it now houses an array of antique dealers and unique wares. Open to the public, The Tomato Factory is welcoming and friendly. The owners I met went out of their way to make us feel welcome (this even considering I went with my two young children!), they were helpful and genuinely nice. The kids were spoilt with candy canes and home made peanut butter fudge.


Antique colored glass bottles and tins.
 On the main floor there are individual 'stores' each owned independently, you can easily get lost for hours discovering extraordinary items. Even the Mr got lost in boxes of old postcards and glassware!

Silverware

The Mr rummaging through very old boxes of postcards from soldiers during World War 11

Can you help identify this lamp base?


I left behind the treasures of the first floor, and ascended to the second floor to The Front Room, which I can only describe as a sparkly white heaven, if it is heaven, I would like to book this suite! 
Fabulous pieces of furniture layed out in room settings with crystal chandeliers, sea shell lamps, whimsical upholstered chairs, 1950's glass dining table with leather and chrome tubular chairs. Bring in a U-Haul, I'm taking it all home!
Linda Allcroft, the owner of The Front Room was delightful, and even though there were 'buying customers' she chatted a while and even gave the children antique baubles for our Christmas tree. 


The Front Room

Whimsical starfish upholstered chairs.



Seashell  lamps 




Throw pillows and mirrors




Chandeliers and occasional furniture.








Antique liquor cabinet and crystal glassware.




I know for a fact that I will be returning to this amazing store to continue my browsing (sans kids), I'm dying to check out the other 'store' also upstairs called Umbrella,  I recommend you also visit to believe it!


I really believe in keeping it local, supporting your community is easy, especially with these great stores close by!


For more info on The Front Room:
Tel: 609-466-9833 or lalcroft@comcast.net

2 Somerset Street, Hopewell NJ 08525

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment~ I'd really love to know you were here!