Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank you Thanksgiving, I am thankful!




 I wish I had some sort of plan as I entered the florist, but I didn't, I guess it left me open to all options. I steered clear of the ready made arrangements. I admit they were lovely but I wanted to do it myself, it was an unconscious decision I made a while ago. 
I skipped over roses and lilies, carnations and sunflowers, then I found the tulips, it was love at first sight :)
I opted for Fall colors, the yellows, oranges and reds were EXACTLY what I was looking for.

I used a simple glazed earthenware pot to hold the flowers.


Do you like my Pear name tag holders?
Such an easy idea, cut a little circle and tie with natural twine.





In this vignette I used another glazed earthenware jug, in a apple green color that picks up the similar color of the pears.


I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to make apple sauce, my mom-in-law is a pro.. her tip is to always use Green Macon Apples (Qty 5)
1/3 cup sugar and cook until soft and smushy.


The cranberry sauce was just as simple:
1 bag fresh cranberries
3/4 cup orange juice
1/3 white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Cook until soft and all liquid is reduced.


Not for the fainthearted, this all American sweet potato dish is SWEEET! A baked combination of canned sweet potatos (yes, you heard right), maple syrup, brown sugar and marshmallows.
Don't dish it till you try it! Not surprisingly it is the kids favorite side dish!


The message above the mantle says it all IMAGINE & INSPIRE!

Hope you enjoyed a tiny peek into Thanksgiving with our family.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

(All pictures taken by yours truly.
 Location ~ Mom-in-law's house)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment~ I'd really love to know you were here!