Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fall Color Trends 2012 {Neon Shmeon}


I am an 80's girl, leg warmers, leggings and headbands were staple pieces in my teen closet. You could say I gave Madonna a run for her money. But by 1986, I admit I was far from sad to see that color trend end, and looking back on photos of myself requires sun glasses and comes with a warning.

So you can imagine how I took to the news that NEON is back this Fall. Maybe I'll just skip it altogether, after all I heard that black, white and navy are still in. But before you all sigh a collective sigh of relief, give Pantone a chance to explain themselves, innocent until proven guilty no?
Pantone is quick to tweak neon, calling it Nouveau Neon (no doubt to avoid scaring away any designers born between 1960-1970)
But only as Pantone can do, they hit the nail on the head. Spot on. Each Nouveau Neon more pleasing than the next, Asian-inspired bamboo yellow-green meets Posicle Orange both vibrant and fresh and then brilliantly adding a soft butter rum tan to tame the firecrackers citrus and raspberry.

Lets wait and see how this plays out, I cant wait to use Camelia Rose or Citrus somewhere soon!

PANTONE Fall Color Trends 2012

~D~

1 comment:

  1. Well I know that Bamboo and Butterum wouldn't suit me but I'm liking the look of the others alot. There is something about some bright colours in winter to brigthen up the black and navy. I'm rather excited!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment~ I'd really love to know you were here!